Wednesday, May 28, 2008

my life and oakland


      i've been living here all my life. it's crazy how i
here people talk about how bad oakland is, but i don't
see it. I don't see what people are talking about.
i've been living out here all my life and there's is
not a time where i have thought about leaving, this is
my home. Everything that i have gone through and
everything that i have seen in oakland has influenced
my mind in some way. I learned how to take care of
myself, out here. Ever since little i had to survive
of here on my own. my mother wasn't there all the time
and i had to teach and grow up too fast out here. my
heart is here in oakland. and without oakland and the
things i had to go through out here, i wouldn't b the
person i am. i fell in love out here at 16 not hardly
knowing what love was at the time. lost something so
dear to me because i thought i could trust out here.
but i grew as a person because of it. most people
would think oakland is a bad place and if you are on
the outside looking in, you would really think so, but
i've been living here all my life and i wouldn't wanna
be anywhere else.


5 comments:

Dream-er said...

Hey
I completely agree with you about what people say about Oakland.

Even though there are negative things here, there are also positive ones, people are just too blind to see that.

d2fly3 said...

yea i know thanks

Ernesto said...

Straight up!

LaUrA said...

Hey i agree when you said how out here we learn things that help us grow and how Oakland is a good city. Well 4 me=]
-LaUrA=]

Chorecita said...

i really liked this piece of writing. i agree with you that this city helps us grow as people!