Wednesday, May 28, 2008

walnut creek

At first my perceptions of Walnut Creek before going
there was what I had heard from ever one else. I heard
that it was a rich white town with a lot of white
people there. I was sort of afraid to go at first
because I thought that is was going to be intimidating
to go out there. Now that I have gone out to Walnut
Creek, my view of Walnut Creek has sort of changed.

It has changed now because; I know that Walnut Creek
isn’t really that bad. My view of Walnut Creek is that
it’s just like any other town. Yes the majority of
Walnut Creek seems to be white but there is some
diversity there. While we were out there, I seen a lot
of shopping plazas and there were a lot expensive
stores, it was kind of new for me but then I thought
there are expensive store out here also.

To me, there wasn’t really a big difference between
Oakland and Walnut Creek. I’ve been to different parts
of Oakland and it doesn’t really seem that much
different. I guess it depends on what parts of Oakland
you go to. I believe that the same things that are in
Walnut Creek, you can see in piedmont. But then if you
live where I live there are differences.

I think that one thing that is similar is that
wherever you go there are people who think that there
community is better than any one else’s. I believe
that when we were in Walnut Creek there were people
who were sort of snobby, but I also see that in my
community. I think that the people who were from
Walnut Creek knew that we (life academy students) were
not from around there, I see that in my community too.
Overall, Walnut Creek is a really nice place. I
wouldn’t mind going shopping out there one day. They
had a lot of stores and restaurants. It’s a really
nice clean quite place.

No comments: