Friday, May 30, 2008

Rockridge reflection

Yesterday we went to Rockridge in oakland. At first i was thinking "where the hell is Rockridge", but then once we got there i remember me and my parents and sisters went over there one time. My first perception of Rockridge was that it was gonna look and be something like Walnut creek, but once i sort of got a feel of it, it is just another place in oakland to me. I mean don't get me wrong its way more different than east oakland but to me i knew i was in oakland and no place else.
         A major difference between Rockridge and Fruitvale to me was that the people in Rockridge are much more nicer. everyone that me and my group interviewed were pretty friendly and when they didn't want to get interviewed they weren't rude about it like some of the people in the Fruitvale district.
         Something that surprised me about Rockridge was that a lot of my class mates didn't know where Rockridge was or had never been over there before. i mean i sort of felt the a loner when it came to knowing were i was, i mean cause nobody knew where we were. And i was getting all juiced because i knew where i was and most of them were like "ooookay???" i mean after a while i didn't trip off of it, but it did surprise me a bit.
                Some similarities i saw between Rockridge and Fruitvale was that both are very busy places. They both have a lot of shopping places and food places. Rockridge is sort of more quite that Fruitvale though. They both are by schools. i mean i guess they're similar in some ways but i mean honestly i'd rather chill in Rockridge than Fruitvale. i say this because I've lived by the Fruitvale district from like time i was 8 to the time i was like 12 and to me i've seen everything there, Rockridge is somewhere i haven't been to often. But both when it's all said and done are coo places

2 comments:

Alex Ak said...

I agrre with you that is just another part of oakland and that allot of people have never been to rockridge or dont know what it is

Alex Ak said...

I agrre with you that is just another part of oakland and that allot of people have never been to rockridge or dont know what it is