Monday, June 2, 2008

old Oakland farmer's market and Lake Merritt reflection


On Friday, me and my class went to old oakland to the farmers market. I've been to old oakland before, but i never thought that they had a farmers market. My first thought when we got to the farmers market was" shouldn't these people be at work". They were a lot of people there and i'm thinking "What???" 
    Things that i saw there were a whole bunch of organic foods and you got to sample a lot of the food their. it's was nice to go and see some of the good things about oakland. During lunch i got the opportunity to try a california roll. it seems like during this whole post session i've been trying new types of food that i wouldn't normally eat, it's fun!
   Later that day me and my class went to lake Merritt to go paddle boat riding. I been before but never at lake Merritt, so that was new for me. When we started boating it was hella peaceful. I think that that was the first time i didn't worry about the other things that were going on in my life at the time.
      One thing that was really embarrassing but sort of funny was when it was time to get out of the boat, this fly ass dude was helping me out the boat and i tripped and fell!!! i was just like wow, he didn't laugh or nothing but i was hella embarrassed. The only person who laughed was my teacher Mr. lee he thought that crap was like the funniest thing ever. Overall the whole day was really fun!
    

2 comments:

Lee said...

That was hilarious! I didn't know you had the hots for the boat guy. Anyway, I agree with you about the peacefulness of the Lake. That was the second time I've gone paddle boating and it reminds me how much fun it is.

I should really try to go out again this summer before I move. Do you think you would do that again? Maybe you can bring your family? Or a boyfriend!?!?

Square Bear (Jackie) said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU FELL!!! But that's okay De^2, I dropped my water bottle in the lake while trying to get out. DEFINATELY not as embarrasing!!!