Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lakeshore reflection


Yesterday( June 2nd) me and my class went to Lakeshore to interview people. it was pretty fun. When i first got there i wasn't really surprised or anything because i've already been there numerous of times, so it really wasn't anything new to me.
   One thing that i liked was the Noah's bagels place. I've never been there before but i've drove passed it a lot. They are really good! During the time that me and my group were interviewing we went to this beauty supply place and there was this girl from the virgin island. She was hella coo, this was the first person i've ever met from the virgin island. She talked to me a lot about what it was like, i wouldn't mind going to visit out there some day. 
      Everything wasn't all peaches and cream yesterday though. There was this lady was asking people for money because she didn't have any, she didn't ask me but i gave her the money i had. She thanked me, i mean i was tripping off it because if i see someone in need, i'm gonna help. But there was this one lady who was walking in front of me and she said " next time she asks, you should tell her to get a job"( she was talking about the poor lady i gave the money to). That made me so mad what this lady said. How can you say some crap like that. i mean i could tell that the poor women really needed the money and for this rude lady to tell me some crap like that i wanted to go off on her. It wasn't her money so why the hell does she care if i gave it to the poor lady or not. I don't see why people are so rude!
     but besides that one thing, everything else was coo, i bought me two starbucks. I LOVE STARBUCKS!!! i didn't buy them both at the same time but i did buy two. Another thing that was fun about yesterday was the fact that we went to the rose garden. it was really pretty. My teacher told me that some people get married there. I wouldn't mind getting married up there when i get older.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Did you say anything back to the lady that told the poor woman to get a job? You should've told her to mind her own business and you'll give money to who you want. I can't stand it when strangers make annoying comments like that.

You should take every opportunity you have to travel! I have never been to the Virgin Islands, but I have gone to the Bahamas and it is BEAUTIFUL! Especially when you snorkle with the colorful sea life down there...