Thursday, June 5, 2008

my thoughts about my class so far

So far this post session* whysup has been really different for me. It has sort of opened my eyes to different things about how i see the world i live in. I think that if it wasn't for this post session, i would have tried all te different things i normally would have tried.


One of the things i have overcame is sort of not being shy, going up to people a and asking them can i interview you is really hard for me. I remember when i ad documentary my 9th grade year, i didn't ask people for interviews at all. I think because i am older and becoming a leader i have stepped up and tried to do things i'm not normally used to doing. Another thing tha i overcame was trying new food, usually if i have never seen it before i would't try it or even think of trying it. During this post-session, i have tried so many new foods. One food that i will never forget trying was this chinese food that was so different. It's crazy because normally i would have looked at it and would have probably been like" No Way!!".but now that i think about it, you only live once and that you should take advantage of any opportunity that is placed in front of you. I don't really think that there was a time where i drew the line. i say this because i feel that i was tried m best to do everything that we had to do. I think that the only times i sort of said no to something was when i felt like i was putting too much input into what the group that i was in was going to do. I felt too much like i was the only one saying what we should do,so i had to step back and let my group decide what we should do.

But overrall this post-session has really gave me opportunities to do and try different things. I feel like it has pushed me sometimes out of my comfort zone, but i also feel that this is a good thing. If i didn't get into this post session i would't have seen all these different parts of the bay area. I have learned to appericate the bay area a little more than i did before.



* post session is a end of the thing that my school does where we stop the academic part of school and focus on one class for the rest of the school year. classes like art or P.E.

No comments: